How does massage work with chiropractic?
Massage Therapy is the manipulation of the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. The therapist will massage specific areas often varying pressure and movement using their hands and fingers. This massage is intended to relax the soft tissue, decrease muscle spasms, increase delivery of blood and oxygen to the massaged areas and decrease pain. Addressing soft tissue problems is a vital component of chiropractic care. This is because muscles move joints, while ligaments and fascia support them. If a skeletal misalignment is adjusted without addressing the related soft tissue, your tight muscles and shortened fascia can pull your joints back out of alignment causing your problems to persist. In addition to promoting total healing, massage therapy offers many other benefits to your chiropractic care plan. Recovery is normally faster when you address multiple components of your pain syndrome by utilizing massage. Chiropractic treatment often proceeds more easily and with less discomfort when hyper-tonic soft tissue has been relaxed. You may be less anxious and better prepared to receive your chiropractic adjustments after spending time with one of our therapists. Adjustments frequently last longer when muscle tension is released, making it much easier for your body to achieve optimal health and wellness.
Benefits of Massage
- Aids in alleviating pain and discomfort
- Engenders profound relaxation
- Helps to relieve muscular spasms and tension
- Raises immune efficiency
- Improves circulation
- Promotes the healing of tissues
- Increases healthy functioning of the skin
- Offers emotional reassurance
- Improves appearance
- Enhances muscle tone and prevents muscular atrophy
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
Massage Therapy Pricing
- 30 minutes $40
- 60 minutes $70
- 90 minutes $90
- 120 minutes $115
Anderson Chiropractic Center Advantage
- Full 30, 60, 90, & 120 minute hands-on sessions.
- One stop for all your chiropractic and massage needs!
- No contracts!